Da Nang is a beach city with great potential for tourism. Nature gives Da Nang wild picturesque beaches. My Khe Beach is the most beautiful beach in Da Nang as well as in Vietnam.
Top highlights of My Khe Beach
- It is convenient for transportation to travel to this beach.
- The public beach is free for all visitors.
- The flat, long sandbank and smooth white sand are suitable for seashore sports.
- The sunshine and warm water come nearly all year round, that is great to swim.
- The safeguards work to protect the safety of visitors and swimmers.
- There are many luxury resorts, villas, hotels, and apartments with high international standards.
- My Khe Beach was listed as one of the top beaches in Asia and the world by the famous magazines (Sunday Herald Sun & Forbes).
The location of My Khe Beach
My Khe Beach is a generic name of long coastline around 10km from Son Tra Island to Non Nuoc – the Marble Mountains.
My Khe Beach is situated along Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Da Nang City, and its center area (around 900m) is at the end of Vo Van Kiet Street cutting Vo Nguyen Giap Street. You can check the map right below to know where it is correct.
Both sides of My Khe Beach are Pham Van Dong Beach on the north and T20 Beach on the south. All of these beaches connect each other to create a really long coast.
This beach makes visitors fascinated by a blue color stretching to the horizon. In particular, when the sunset falls, this site wears romantic colors, creating an extremely comfortable and relaxing feeling.
Distance from My Khe Beach to famous nearby destinations:
- Ba Na Hills‘ parking lot to My Khe Beach: 30km
- The Marble Mountains to My Khe Beach: 8.5 km
- Cham Sculpture Museum to My Khe: nearly 3km
- Linh Ung Pagoda at Son Tra Island to the beach center of My Khe: 8km
- My Son Sancuary to My Khe Beach: around 45km
- Hoi An Ancient city to My Khe Beach: 25km
When is the best time to visit My Khe Beach?
- The best time of the months to swim is in the dry season from April to September. That is great for swimmers.
- The best time of the months to surf covers the wet season from the end of November to February.
- Best time of the day to swim in the sea is in the early morning s from 5:30 am to 7:00 am, and late afternoon from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
- The clearest and brightest time of the day covers from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm during the dry season.
During the time of day to swimming, many locals and tourists come here. My Khe Beach is busy.
The beach at dawn and the sunset become the most beautiful. The moment to welcome the sunrise on the sea is a valuable experience that everyone should cherish.
Meanwhile, when the night covered the coast, My Khe beach gives the different tranquil feeling. Visiting here in the evening, going to the beach and sitting on the sand will bring deep emotions.
What activities to do in My Khe Beach
Danang is a dynamic tourism city, so My Khe Danang Beach develops a variety of services. Can name some sports games at sea such as:
- Surfing at the sea
- Riding water motors/canoes.
- Surfing on a surfboard pulled by boats
- Snorkeling and watching coral (at Son Tra Island)
- Playing volleyballs on the sand.
- Winding skates
All activities on the sea give visitors the excitement. The feeling of flying in the sky, swinging in the air, riding a surfboard, and motor racing provide an excellent experience for your beach holidays in Danang City, Vietnam.
Safe swimming areas in My Khe beach
- Swimming area 1-2-3: These are the main center of My Khe Beach, which is planned by the local city government, including parking, freshwater, drinking and food sites, and safeguards. These places have wide and long sandy beaches and shallow water level with soft waves. If your group has children or older adults, you should choose swimming the beaches. It is comfortable, and you don’t worry about big waves. But many guests also come here.
- Central park beach of Pham Van Dong: This beach is located at the junction of Pham Van Dong Street cutting Truong Sa Road, at the north of the center of My Khe Beach. The beach is quite narrow, so this often for activities at the park.
- T20-T18 Beach: This beach was the oldest swimming area for the local people. So visitors come here and often recognized it as My Khe Beach in the early time. The beach is close to Non Nuoc Beach and the Marble Mountains and located between Vinpearl Hotels and the new Mall of the beach of Danang. The short sand line and deeper water are suitable for surfing and someone who like strong feelings. The sport organizations often choose this beach to held international surfing.
Notes: When you swim at My Khe Beach, you should swim in the allowing areas. They often range a line of buoys making the safe swimming place.
Accommodations at and near My Khe Beach
At the beaches, travelers can find a hotel or a resort easily. My Khe Beach has chosen the vital place to develop the tourism of Danang City. New and old resorts with different kinds of standards are available to book. The oldest resort with five stars was built here, that is Furama Resort.
Here are some top resorts to choose when you want to stay on and close to My Khe Beach.
Top choice of resorts:
- Fusion Maia Da Nang
- Pullman Danang Beach Resort
- Holiday Beach Danang Hotel & Resort
- Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa
- A La Carte Da Nang Beach
- Sheraton Grand Danang Resort
Top choice of stunning and luxurious villas and departments:
- Furama Villas Danang
- Vinpearl Luxury Da Nang
- The Ocean Villas
Where to eat when visiting My Khe Beach
Tourists come here not only to do activities on the beach but also to taste seafood. There are some famous seafood restaurants which you can check:
1. Be Man Seafood Restaurant
- Address: Lot 11, Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Son Tra District, Danang City, Vietnam
- Opening hours: 9:00 am – 12:00 am every day
- Price: from 50,000 VND
Be Man Restaurant is famous for the local people because it has a large and airy space. The seafood is really fresh with high quality and reasonable price.
2. Be Anh Restaurant
- Address: Lot 14-15 Ho Nghinh, Phuoc My, Son Tra District, Da Nang City
- Service hours: 9:00 am – 11:00 pm every day
- Price: 100,000 – 500,000 VND
The restaurant is large and airy. Its menu is mainly seafood, including steamed, grilled, and fried food. The popular dish of the restaurant is grilled mussel, very fragrant and very delicious.
3. San Ho Seafood Restaurant
- Address: Lot 12-13 Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Da Nang City
- Opening time: 7:00am – 10:00pm
San Ho Seafood Restaurant is located on My Khe beach with sea view, beautiful and unique design. Price is a little higher than the two restaurants mentioned above.
4. Blue Whale Restaurant (Ca Voi Xanh)
- Address: Lot 5-6 Vo Nguyen Giap Street, Son Tra District, Da Nang City
- Service hours: 10:00am – 10:00pm every day
- Price: from 30,000 VND
The restaurant faces the sea and has nice architectural design. Its menu has different dishes, including fresh seafood. Blue Whale Restaurant is chosen for family and groups of business.
Pro tip: If you like to get the fresh and local style and flavor, Be Man Seafood Restaurant is still a top choice to taste the seafood in Danang.
What seafood dishes should you taste when visiting My Khe Beach?
Plenty of seafood dishes are cooked from fishes, shells, squids, shrimps, and crabs. Most of the restaurants serve all of them. However, Vietnamdrive introduces you about top seafood which we tasted and liked, and we hope you like them, too.
1. Steamed Chip Chip with lemongrass
Chip Chip (small oval clam) washes away dirt. Prepare chopped lemongrass, sliced red chillis, and put them into a steamer with Chip Chip. You only have to wait about five minutes to get a delicious seafood pot. The right way to taste it is to combine with salt, pepper, and lemon so that you can feel all the sweetness in the light scent of lemongrass and hot spicies.
2. Roasted crab with tamarind
Roasted crabs have a quite sophisticated cook. Wash crabs carefully, separate them from their shell, and then marinate crabs and fried.
Tamarinds have removed the seeds, and heat with fried garlic, onions and spices. After cooking, the crabs turn red color with a charming, sweet fragrance. Remove each piece of crab and dip it in sweet and sour tamarind sauce, which is a beautiful dish.
The owners of restaurants in Danang are very skillful in processing various dishes to introduce to the guests. You can enjoy different types, from stir-fry, boiled, or baked. This dish is often served with green papaya and rice paper.
4. Oyster porridge
Fresh oysters are washed and cooked with white porridge. When serving it, the owner will add cilantro, fried garlic, herb, and pepper. Besides, do not forget to use the fish sauce with the porridge to get a stronger flavor.
5. Grilled squid with satay
This dish has quite simple processing. After preparing squid, cookers mix with salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, sesame oil, satay, and then grilled on embers. When eating, eaters can add lettuce, onion, cumin, pepper salt, or chili sauce.
6. Grilled scallops with onion and fat
The large scallops are washed then split into two. The chefs marinate spices such as pepper, seasoning seeds, sugar, onion, a little oil, and then grilled on charcoal. When being ready, this dish emits a sweet natural aroma. Add small peanuts, and you will feel the fullness of the flavor of scallops.
7. Seafood hotpot
Hotpot is famous all around Vietnam. Seafood in Danang has a different taste. Many diners after enjoying seafood hotpot in Danang often tell good comments. One of them is a compliment for the healthy broth with absolutely fresh ingredients of seafood.
All information which Vietnamdrive gives to you is hopefully useful and helpful when you travel to My Khe Beach and Danang City, Vietnam.