Saigon Square is a bustling shopping center in Ho Chi Minh City. This place is very famous for many young people and both domestic and international tourists. The most popular items in Saigon Square are fashion, including clothes, shoes, and bags, such as watches, cameras, and jewelry.
Saigon Square Shopping Center
- Address: Saigon Square 1, 81 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, District 1, HCMC
- Address: Saigon Square 3, 181 Hai Ba Trung Street, District 1, HCMC
- Opening hours: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
At present, the Saigon Square has two locations, one in 81 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia and another in 181 Hai Ba Trung Street. Saigon Square 1 at Nam Ky Khoi Nghia is more popular, although it is smaller.
1. Saigon Square is a high-quality market.
The locals call Saigon Square a market because the clothes and goods are classified according to each stall like in the traditional markets in Ho Chi Minh City. But, it is a high-end market because customers of Saigon Square are tourists, young people who are addicted to branded goods, shopping lovers, and fashionable guests.
Saigon Square sells all kinds of goods from clothes, shoes, bags, sunglasses, watches to exclusive high-end brands, which are hard to find at other shopping malls in Saigon. The product designs here are updated continuously and according to seasons, clothes for all ages, shapes, and all sizes, including foreign visitors.
2. Price is also reasonable for shopping.
The prices here also fluctuate. You can choose a product from a few tens of thousands to about 200,000 VND from clothes and skirts. The clothing prices range from 120,000 VND to 300,000 VND. Shoes in Saigon Square have rates ranged from 80,00VND to 500,000VND.
From morning to night, Saigon Square is almost always crowded. With its specific attraction, especially at Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, not only Vietnamese guests, many foreign tourists from Korea, Thailand, Laos, China, and Europe also visit and buy goods.
3. Bargaining skills can use in Saigon Square.
As a market, it is possible to challenge the shoppers. In Saigon Square, most merchants here tell high prices for bargaining. So, the guests have to be careful to be able to grasp a fair price. The bargain seems to be hard for international customers, but it is a habit for shopping in the markets in Vietnam. So, if you have little shopping skills, it is not difficult to get a reasonable price for a good product.
The experience of bidding in Saigon Square is to charge half of the original price, and then pay more from there. However, it is not the same for every item. With clothing, it is easy to bargain for the price, but with jewelry or other luxury items are not that simple. Thus, you need to think carefully before buying any high price at Saigon Square.
4. It is the right place to find sale-off products.
Shops in Saigon Square often change their products, oo, you can find new items frequently. Thus, many sale-off products come often; however, the quality and style also look good.
It is because of the low price of discount things, whether you are a student or do not want to spend too much money on shopping, you can still find for yourself unique clothes and jewelry at an affordable rate.
The best time to buy sale-off goods is around November when many shops offer a low price to sell their old items so that they can import new ones for Christmas time and new year.
5. Saigon Square sells high-quality products at a reasonable price.
Many stalls in Saigon Square sell high-end products. This ideal choice is for shoppers who are fans of the brand names but want to buy things cheaper than the genuine price. It is because the items sold here imitate brand-name products, but the quality is also quite good with soft prices.
In addition, export goods made in Vietnam also sell a lot in this shopping center. This feature attracts plenty of international guests coming here for shopping. Besides, most of them love to visit here because there are a lot of big size clothes and the prices are more affordable than in other shopping malls in Saigon.
6. Note some tips when going shopping at Saigon Square
Sai Gon Square 1 or 3 operates under the model of leasing kiosks. Thus, shop owners do their own business, so the goods are very different and do not follow any selling principles. Therefore, when buying, you should also know a few notes below.
- Shop owners often choose to export Vietnamese products, but there are many goods imported from other countries, including Thailand, Korea, China, or the US.
- No guarantee all products have high-quality goods in this center, so you have to check goods carefully.
- Price in Saigon Square is relatively higher than the general level, but not too high because most of them are beautiful style and high-quality goods. You should also consult the average price when deciding to buy a certain item.
- Bidding and giving a high challenge price is not the same as before, some shops limit the bargaining with the sign “no bargain” (miễn trả giá in Vietnamese). But you are also cautious when seeing an abnormally high item.
- The bid is your right, and you should also test to find out what is fine because most sellers are polite.
- Refund products can apply for some shops. It is better to ask the shop owners when buying.
- The ideal season to go shopping in Saigon Square is about mid-December for Chrismas and before the Lunar New Year about half a month (around mid-Jan). These periods are considered as shopping seasons in Saigon when there are a lot of beautiful items and new styles.
7. Frequently asked questions about Saigon Square
1. What to buy at Saigon Square?
The clothes are the main product selling in Saigon Square. Also, you can find shoes, wallets, belts, watches, and jewelry.
2. How far to Saigon Square from Ben Thanh Market?
From Ben Thanh Market to Saigon Square 1 at Dong Khoi is within 500m. It is good to walk between these two shopping centers.
3. Can I find a café in Saigon Square?
There are a few cafes in Saigon Square. But, if you want to have a lovely place to rest, you can check the other beautiful cafés in Ho Chi Minh City.
4. Where is Saigon Square 2?
In Ho Chi Minh City, there are 2 shopping centers of Saigon Square 1 and 3 still working. Saigon Square 2 in 7 Ton Duc Thang street was closed in 2014.
Many locals and tourists like to go shopping at Saigon Square because it has convenient locations, plenty of high-quality products, and reasonable rates.
So, when you have time to travel to Ho Chi Minh City, do not miss this shopping center. You will have exciting experiences when reacting to local people and buying lovely items.