Hanoi Airport or Noi Bai International Airport with the code of HAN is the second biggest international airport in Vietnam.
Noi Bai Airport is responsible for serving the needs of transport and freight of Hanoi Capital and nearby provinces.
It is also the headquarters of airlines such as Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air and Jetstar.
Basic information about Noi Bai International Airport
- Noi Bai Airport is located in Phu Minh Commune, Soc Son District, Hanoi, about 27km from the center of the capital following the Nhat Tan Bridge. In general, the location of Hanoi airport is quite near and convenient to serve the travel needs of the local people and tourists.
- Hanoi airport map: https://goo.gl/maps/pDsh331jCjENd8oE8
- Noi Bai Airport code: HAN for (for IATA code), and VVND (for ICAO code). HAN is popular to see for the codes of most of the flights to Vietnam and within the land of Vietnam.
- Service hours: 24/24
- Airport grade: 4E
- Two runways of landing and taking off: 11L / 29R (1A): 3,200m long, 45m wide; and, 11R / 29L (1B): 3,800m long, 45m wide
- Two aircraft yards: T1 aircraft yard: about 230,000m2 with 23 parking positions; and T2 aircraft deck: about 280,000m2 with 24 parking positions.
Contact information of Hanoi Airport
Noi Bai international airport
Address: Phú Minh Commune – Sóc Sơn District – Hà Nội City
Tel: (+84) 24 38 86 50 47
Customer care service
At the international terminal: (+84) 24 35 87 66 11 or (+84) 24 35 87 66 12
At the domestic terminal: (+84) 24 35 84 30 04.
Hotlines: (+84) 24 35 84 26 27 – (+84) 914 32 83 81
Emergency help: (+84) 24 35 87 66 01 – (+84) 24 35 87 66 00
Terminal gates of Noi Bai airport
Hanoi Airport has 2 main terminal gates to serve the guests, including:
- Terminal T1 for domestic flights: 115,000m2, the capacity of 15 million passengers per year.
- Terminal T2 for international flights: 139,216m2, the capacity of serving 15 million passengers per year.
The distance between the 2 passenger terminals is quite far, so you can travel by bus, at Terminal T1: a free bus with a position on the 1st floor of lobby A; at Terminal T2, free buses at the 1st floor. The time of buses are from 6:00 am to 1:00am of the next day; the frequency of operation is from 10 minutes to 15 minutes for one turn.
Map of buses moving between T1 and T2 terminals (Source: noibaiairport.vn):
The building of Terminal T1 of Hanoi Airport
There are 2 buildings: A and E, closed and connected with each other; the building A is the old station for domestic flights, so now most of the domestic flights use building E. The building E is a new station for domestic flights.
The building E of T1 terminal consists of 3 floors and 1 basement, fully equipped with aviation and non-aviation equipment. The building E connects with building A of the old domestic station. The hall E of this building is equipped with 38 check-in counters for guests with security control.
+ The first floor of the building E is for domestic travelers (mainly for arrival guests).
+ The second floor is the domestic departure area which is the area check-in, the other services, and the VIP living room.
+ The third floor is the technical office.
Position counter at Noi Bai airport for domestic flights:
+ Check-in counters of Vietnam Airlines: Hall A: from counter 13 to counter 30 and Hall B: from counter 31 to counter 60,
+ Check-in counters of Vietjet Air: Lobby A: from counter 01 – counter 10 (for Hanoi – Ho Chi Minh City); Lobby E: from counter 114 – counter 128,
+ Check-in counters of Jetstar Pacific: Lobby E: from counter 129 – counter 135;
+ Check-in counters Hai Au airline: Hall E: Counter 109.
The building of Terminal T2 of Hanoi Airport
This building has 4 floors and one ground floor.
+ The first floor is for the arrival area of guests on international flights. So, when someone picks you up, you should tell them to stay outside the waiting room. And, please note that there are A1 and A2 gates of arrival, which also connect with each other. Between the two gates, many shops sell free-tax products.
+ The 2nd floor is used for connecting international flights of visitors.
+ The 3rd floor is used for departure activities of international flights.
+ The 4th floor is the business class lounge and trading services.
What to shop, eat and spend your time in Noi Bai Airport of Hanoi
To create comfortable and supply the needs of eating or go shopping while you stay at Hanoi airport, the staff of the airport sets up a lot of shops, and restaurants to serve you with the best conditions.
- Banking and ATM services: ATMs are located in the public area on the first floor of the T1 terminal and the first floor of the west wing and east wing of Terminal T2.
- Free trolley service: You can get free trolleys in the public lobby area in front of the second floor of the A, B, E terminals of T1 station, the waiting area for departure and arrival at T2 station.
- Baggage packing service: In the public area on the 2nd floor of A, B, E of T1 terminal, and the public area of the 3rd floor of Terminal T2.
- Free drinking service: inside the airport in the waiting area.
- Free wifi internet service: Wifi is called “Noi Bai Airport Free Wi-fi”.
- Free battery charge service: Public area on the first floor in lobby A to E, and inside the isolation area on the second floor of lobby A, B, E at terminal T1; The isolation area of the 3rd floor at T2.
- Luggage storage service: On the 2nd floor of the public east area at T2.
- Medical service: The medical room is located in the lobby A of the 1st floor of Terminal T1, and the isolation lounge of the 3rd floor of Terminal T2.
- Children’s playing area: The care room and playing area inside the isolated part of the terminal T2.
- Duty-free sale: The duty-free sale area is located in the arrival area of the 1st floor and the waiting departure area of the 3rd floor at Terminal T2.
- Eating: Food and beverage shops are located in the public lobby on the 1st and 4th floor of T1, and the 3rd floor of the waiting area of T2 station.
- Resting services: Sky massage service on the 3rd floor of waiting places at T2, and the 4th floor of T1 public hall. And, night box service or mini-hotel in public departure area of the 3rd floor of T, and the public place of 2nd floor of T2 building.
>> You can like to know the well-liked 3-star hotels in Hanoi City.
Important notes when you have departure flights from Noi Bai Airport
+ Passengers are required to check-in at the check-in counters within the following times:
a) International flights: the check-in counters open 2.5 hours before the scheduled departure time, and close check-in services before the scheduled departure time of 40 minutes.
b) Domestic flights: the check-in counters open 2 hours before the departure time, and close at 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
+ To avoid unwanted cases such as traffic jams, luggage security, check-in time…, passengers should be at the airport about 60 minutes before departure for domestic flights, and 120 minutes for international flights.
+ If this is the first time you come to Noi Bai airport, you can ask the staff there that they will show you the area to check-in.
+ Carry enough luggage, usually 7kg for hand luggage, often 20 kg for sending luggage. If you carry over-weight luggage, you may have to pay for extra weight.
+ Check all the necessary documents before going to the airport, including an ID card/passport and visa if you are foreign tourists or travel to other countries.
+ And remember that do not bring prohibited items on the planes, you can refer at the checking counters.
Map from Noi Bai Airport To Hanoi
This is the map to know the ways to from Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi.
Travel from Noi Bai airport to the center of Hanoi city
There are many means of transportation from Noi Bai airport to the city center of Hanoi. The following is the list of vehicles for your choice.
+ Public buses: route 07 at terminals T1 and T2 (Noi Bai – Cau Giay); Route 17 at the headquarters of Noi Bai International Airport (Noi Bai – Long Bien). The price is quite cheap to use the public buses; but if you want to have a better quality of the transfer, please check more below.
+ Airline bus: On the first floor of public lobby T1 and T2; the route: Noi Bai – Hanoi city center; it depends on the buses of each airline company, the drop-off sites can be different. The price is from 40,000 VND / guest.
+ Taxi: On the 1st floor of public lobby T1 and T2, price is calculated by meter charge; the average price from Noi Bai to the center of Hanoi city is from 200,000 VND to 400,000 VND per way.
+ A private car: you need to book it in advance. This is the most convenient and safest with the door-to-door service. Price is from 400,000VND per way.
Above are the useful notes about the Hanoi Airport or Noi Bai International Airport.
Vietnamdrive hopes the information will help you more confident to explore Hanoi attractions and Vietnam through Noi Bai Airport.
And, we are here to support you if you have any questions or want to book a private car to transfer from Noi Bai airport to Hanoi city center.