The distance from Hanoi Airport to the old quarter of the city center is around 30 km. There are many transportations of vehicles for you to choose to go. Vietnamdrive introduces 5 popular ways which you may use when you travel to Noi Bai International Airport.
1. Minivans/buses of airlines from Hanoi Airport to the old quarter
Three big domestic airlines in Vietnam have their buses to transfer the guests to the center of the capital and vice versa, including Vietnam Airlines, VietjetAir, and Jetstar buses.
|Vans/ Buses||Vietnam Airlines||Vietjet Air||Jetstar Pacific|
|At Noi Bai Airport||A parking area for buses of 16 seats, in front of Terminal T1||Pick up at the bus station of the terminal T1||Pick up at the bus station, T1 terminal|
|In Hanoi City||No. 1 Quang Trung Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam||At the Central Circus, at No. 69 Tran Nhan Tong Street, Hanoi||Ngoc Khanh Bus Station and Quang Trung Bus Station|
|Ticket price for a person per way||50,000 VND||50,000 VND||50,000 VND|
|Frequency per trip *||30 – 45 minutes||30 – 45 minutes||30 – 45 minutes|
|Working time||05:00am to 22:00||04:00am – 22:00||04:00am – 22:00|
|Route||Quang Trung Street|
– Nhat Tan Bridge
– Vo Nguyen Giap
– Noi Bai Airport
|Noi Bai Airport|
– Nhat Tan Bridge
– Kim Ma
– Nguyen Thai Hoc
– 69 Tran Nhan Tong
|Noi Bai Airport|
– Thang Long Bridge
– Hoang Quoc Viet
– Nguyen Van Huyen
– Dao Tan
– Ngoc Khanh Bus Station
– Quang Trung Bus Station.
|Vehicle type||16-seat vans||45-seat buses||45-seat buses|
|at Noi Bai: 0438840496|
and in Hanoi: 0438250872
(*) Frequency per trip may be adjusted according to the needs of customers and the flight departure of each company. So, you need to check before you go with the correct date.
2. Local public buses from Noi Bai International Airport
If you do not hurry and want to save money, you can choose the local buses to or from the airport for your transfer in Hanoi. Their quality is also different. It depends on the location you want to go, you can use the public bus routes. This is not very convenient for tourists. So, if you need door-to-door service, this type of transportation is not for you.
- Advantages: low price
- Cons: crowded, may run out of seats at peak hours, long travel time. Be careful about pickpockets.
Buses’ details are as below:
Bus route 07 (Noi Bai – Cau Giay Airport)
- Working time: 05:00am 21:30
- Frequency of operation: 15-20 minutes
- Ticket price: 10,000 VND / ticket / person / way
- Bus route: Noi Bai Airport (P2 Parking Park, T1 Terminal) – Vo Van Kiet – the road to go to the parking lot of Terminal T2 (Noi Bai Airport) – Bus stops at the airport parking lot T2 – Vo Van Kiet – Thang Long Bridge – Pham Van Dong – Hoang Quoc Viet – Hoang Quoc Viet – Nguyen Van Huyen – Nguyen Khanh Toan – Tran Dang Ninh – Cau Giay – Cau Giay (lower street) – Cau Giay parking.
Bus route 17 (Noi Bai Airport – Long Bien)
- Working time: 05:00 – 20:30
- Frequency of operation: 10 – 15 minutes
- Ticket price: 10,000d / ticket / person / way
- Route: Noi Bai Airport (Parking P2, Terminal T1) – Vo Van Kiet – Highway 2 – Phu Lo – Nguyen Khe – Dong Anh – Cao Lo – Duong Co Loa – Highway 3 – Thien Duc – Cau Duong – Ngo Gia Tu – Nguyen Van Cu – Chuong Duong Bridge – Tran Nhat Duat – Yen Phu – Transit point of Long Bien – Yen Phu – Tran Nhat Duat – Long Bien (Opposite Hanoi Traffic Police No. 1, No. 3 Tran Nhat Duat)
Bus route 90 (Noi Bai Airport – Kim Ma)
- Working time: 05:30 – 22:30
- Operating frequency: 20 – 30 minutes
- Ticket price: 10000d / ticket / person / time
- Route: Noi Bai International Airport (Parking P2, T1) – Vo Nguyen Giap – Internal road of T1-T2 terminal – T2 terminal (1st floor of arrival station) – Vo Nguyen Giap – Nhat Tan Bridge – Vo Chi Cong – Nguyen Hoang Ton – Lac Long Quan – Hoang Hoa Tham – Van Cao – Lieu Giai – Kim Ma (No. 1 Kim Ma).
Bus 86 – Hanoi bus from Noi Bai Airport o Hanoi at Le Duan (Railway station)
- Operating time: in Hanoi (Le Duan): 05:10 -22:30, at Noi Bai: 06:30 – 23:30
- Bus frequency: 25 – 30 minutes per trip
- Route: Noi Bai International Airport ( Parking Terminal P2, Terminal T1) – Domestic Terminal T1 (Lobby A, B, E – 1st Floor Arrival Terminal) – Vo Nguyen Giap – Internal Road T1 & T2 – Domestic terminal T2 (1st floor of arrival station of D1 – D2) – Vo Nguyen Giap – Nhat Tan bridge – Au Co – Nghi Tam – Yen Phu – Long Bien (midpoint) – Tran Nhat Duat – Tran Quang Khai – Trang Tien – Le Thanh Tong – Hai Ba Trung – Ngo Quyen – Ly Thuong Kiet – Le Duan – Hanoi Railway Station.
Note: The distance between the two terminals (T1 and T2) is far. You can travel by free shuttle buses supported by the airport.
- At Terminal T1: parked on the 1st floor of lobby A; The operating time is from 06:00 am to 01:00am (of the following day); the frequency of operation from 10 to 15 minutes per trip.
- At Terminal T2: started on the first floor – T2 Western Area; The operating time from 06:00 am to 1:00 am of the next day with the frequency of operation from 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Transit coaches of Hanoi airport
Another kind of local bus from Noi Bai Airport to the old quarter is called transit coaches. These buses are the same local public buses, cheap, but crowded, and the coaches just stop at the bus station allowed. So, you will need another transfer to your hotels.
>> You can choose one of the 3-star hotels in Hanoi to stay.
NB01 route (05) goes from Dao Tan street – Noi Bai airport
- Operating frequency: 75 minutes
- Route: Noi Bai Airport (Terminal T2) – Terminal T1 – Vo Van Kiet – Vo Nguyen Giap – Nhat Tan Bridge – Nam Nhat Tan – Xuan La – Lac Long Quan – Buoi – Dao Tan (next to Daewoo Hotel ).
NB02 route (06) goes from Noi Bai International Airport (Terminal T2) – Times City
- Operating frequency: 90 minutes
- Route: Noi Bai (Terminal T2) – Terminal T1 – Vo Van Kiet – Vo Nguyen Giap – Road 5 extended – Dong Tru Bridge – Nguyen Van Cu – Chuong Duong Bridge – Tran Quang Khai – Tran Khanh Du – Nguyen Khoai – Minh Khai – Times City.
NB03 route (07) goes from Noi Bai Airport to the Underground bus station
- Operating frequency: 105 minutes
- Route: Noi Bai Airport (Terminal T2) – Terminal T1 – Vo Nguyen Giap Street- 6km road (Hai Boi) – Thang Long Bridge – Pham Van Dong – Pham Hung – Khuat Duy Tien – Nguyen Xien – Nghiem Xuan Yêm – Nguyen Huu Tho (Linh Đàm) – Giai Phong – Nuoc Ngam bus station.
4. Taxi from the airport
Taxis are convenient and popular transportation. These taxi companies are available 24 hours a day and are available anytime at the station. Taxis wait for tourists right on the first floor, at the public area of the station to Terminals T1 and T2. The average price is from about 250,000VND to 450,000VND per way, depending on where to drop you off in the old quarter of Hanoi. And, you have to pay for the airport parking fee and road toll as well.
Here are well-known taxi companies operating at Noi Bai airport.
|Number||Taxi at Noi Bai Airport||Phone number of taxi|
|2||Taxi Mai Linh Ha Noi||02438222666|
|3||Taxi Noi Bai||02438868888|
|4||Taxi Thành Công||02432575757|
|5||Taxi Sây bay||02435636666|
|6||Sao Hà Nội Taxi||02432565656|
|7||Taxi Đại Nam||02438846666|
|11||Ba Sao Taxi||02436363636|
|12||Hoàng Phong Nội Bài Taxi||02438868788|
5. Private cars or vans from Noi Bai Airport
A private car transfer to the old quarter of Hanoi from Noi Bai international airport is a top choice for many tourists. This is a very convenient, comfortable and safe service. And, you will receive door-to-door service without worrying about the price because the price is fixed when you book this in advance.
The price for a private car or van depends on the time, and where to drop you off in the old quarter (or where in Hanoi city), and a number of your group. So, the price can be range from 20 USD – 35USD. When you compare this price, it is a little higher than a taxi. But, you do not worry about the extra road toll, a parking fee of the airport.
Besides, the drivers have more experience to serve the tourists, especially foreign tourists with private comfort. This kind of service can be ranged with Vietnamdrive. Just leave us a message to get very easy to book a transfer.
Please check other routes from Hanoi: