The nearest main airport to Hoi An is Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang City with the airfield code DAD.
1. Da Nang International Airport
It is because Hoi An has no airports. Da Nang International airport is the top choice for tourists who want to come to Hoi An. After flying to Da Nang airdrome, the guests need to take a taxi or book a car to transfer to Hoi An.
- It is nearly 30 km from the Da Nang airport to Hoi An City Center, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam.
- A private car takes us 45 minutes to drive from the airport to Hoi An.
The airport in Da Nang supplies domestic and international flights:
- For domestic flights: From Da Nang airport is easy to fly to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. There are also flights from Danang to Dalat, Pleiku, Buon Ma Thuot, Hai Phong, and Vinh.
- For international flights, travelers can fly from Da Nang to Indochina: Laos (Luang Prabang and Vientiane), Cambodia (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap); to North-East Asia: China, Japan and Korea; and to South East Asia: Thailand (Bangkok), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Myanmar and Singapore.
Danang International Airport takes a critical role to contribute to development and transportation in central Vietnam, including Hoi An City.
Here are two other airports to check beside Da Nang airport:
2. Chu Lai International Airport
The second airport is close to Hoi An City is Chu Lai International Aiport at Chu Lai Town, Nui Thanh District, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam.
• 77 km from this aerodrome to the center of Hoi An, and takes 1.5 hours to drive.
• 100 km from Chu Lai to Da Nang City center, and takes nearly 1 hour 45 minutes.
Although it is called the Chu Lai International Airport, there are just domestic flights. Vietjet Air and Vietnam Airlines have few flights to Chu Lai.
3. Phu Bai International Airport
The third airfield is Phu Bai Airport, Huong Thuy District, Thua Thien Hue Province, Vietnam.
- 106 km from Phu Bai Airport to Hoi An; duration: 2.5 hours
- 75 km to drive from this airport to Da Nang City; duration: 1 hour 50 minutes.
There are more flights come from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh to Phu Bai Airport than Chu Lai. Phu Bai airfield has not any international flights yet.
Although Phu Bai is far from Hoi An, many guests like to fly to this place to visit Hue City including Royal Tombs, Citadel and Thien Mu Pagoda before driving to Hoi An.
On the way, they can stop at nice pass Hai Van (Sea-cloud pass) which locates between Da Nang and Hue City, or Da Nang Beach for beautiful photos.
To book a transfer from Da Nang airport to Hoi An, please fill the form as below or email to us at email@example.com. Booking a car with us is easy.