If you visit Phu Quoc by a plane, it will land at Phu Quoc International Airport. You can get a taxi, a motorbike taxi, a shared bus or a private car from travel agencies. There have no public buses of the government from the airport to the city center of Dong Duong of Phu Quoc Island, but tourists can use shared buses from the private companies.
Vietnamdrive will tell you the details of transportation from Phu Quoc Airport to the city center of this island, and other routes of buses to Vinpearl Land.
Phu Quoc Island named the “Pearl Island” is considered as one of the largest islands of Vietnam with a total length of 49 kilometers. Phu Quoc Island now is a new famous destination for travelers because of its beautiful beaches.
Phu Quoc is located far 120 kilometers from Rach Gia City and 45 kilometers from Ha Tien Town. It has two towns as Duong Dong and An Thoi and eight communes. Duong Dong town is located in the Northwest, and it is the center of the island. It is 9 kilometers far from Phu Quoc International Airport.
To travel to Phu Quoc by airplanes from other cities of Vietnam, here are some air companies that have direct flights to Phu Quoc island.
- Vietnam airlines: you can catch the flights of Vietnam airlines to Phu Quoc from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Can Tho City.
- Vietjet air: has flights from HCM, Hanoi, and Hai Phong to Phu Quoc.
- Jetstar: has flights from Da Nang, Hanoi and HCM to Phu Quoc.
Please see the details of transfer services in Phu Quoc Island!
Taxi in Phu Quoc Airport
From Phu Quoc Airport to the city center Duong Dong is 9km. It takes you 15 minutes to move by car or taxi. If you want to move quickly from Phu Quoc Airport to the center, you may get a taxi. It is the most convenient and very easy.
Getting a 4-seat taxi to the center of Duong Dong Town will have a price of about 200,000VND. Remember that before getting in the cab, you should ask for the price and request the owner to have a packaged payment from the airport to the place you want.
There are three taxi companies operating on the route from the airport to the center:
- Mai Linh Taxi (0297 3 97 97 97),
- Taxi Nam Thang Phu Quoc ( 0297 3 75 75 75 )
- Phu Quoc Taxi (0297 3 75 75 75)
- Taxi Saigon Phu Quoc (0297 3 73 73 73)
- and Sasco Taxi (0297 3 76 76 76).
Using a private car rental from the Airport of travel agencies
If you do not want to use a taxi, you can book a car with a travel agency in advance to range the vehicle. Of course, the price is a little bit higher than the taxi rate, but it is more comfortable with peace in mind. The private car services are really good for business travel in this island.
The picking and dropping service of travel agencies is now easy. Tourists can book this service online quickly. This is the popular choice for many tourists when moving from Phu Quoc Airport to the center of the town, and other places around the island as well.
It depends on the dinstance, number of guests and the time to use of the car (usually time for working for business travel), the price of the car will be different. And you can send a request to get a quoation for your need.
Taking the motorbike taxi from the airport to the center
It is the cheapest transport moving to the center of Duong Dong Town. In terms of economic efficiency, motorbike taxi seems to be the No.1. When getting out the airport, you can find the motorbike if you go on foot from the airport to the new road and it is not far from the gate.
Although motorbike is the cheapest way, Vietnamdrive does not recommend using this choice, because we always think of safety.
The price of a motorbike in Phu Quoc is estimated as 10,000VND per kilometer. Because motorbike must not park in the airport, you have to walk to the road to get the motorbike taxi. If you choose this kind of transport, you only need to pay max 100,000VND to move to Duong Dong Town.
Catching a shared bus
Phu Quoc airport to Phu Quoc center
There is currently only one bus route operating by a private company with schedules from Phu Quoc airport running straight to the city center and vice versa.
- Pick up: at the car park of Phu Quoc airport (when you get out the airport door and go straight for about one minute to the parking).
- The fixed fare of this bus is 50,000 VND/ticket/ person.
The detailed route of this bus starts from the parking lot of Phu Quoc International Airport. Then, it moves to Tran Hung Dao Street, continues to run along the April 30 street, come to Hung Vuong Street, and stop at the center of Dong Duong City, at Nguyen Trung Truc Street.
If you have a need to move from the city center to the airport, you have to get on the bus at Nguyen Trung Truc Street before the flight departure about 2.5 to 3 hours.
Buses of Jetstar airline from Phu Quoc airport
Currently, Jetstar has domestic flights to and from Phu Quoc, so, to serve their passengers better services, Jetstar has opened the own routes of buses from the airport to the city center and vice versa.
- Their guests can buy a bus ticket right on the plane when the flight is about to land at Phu Quoc Airport, and have transfer service soon as the flight lands around 30 minutes.
- The operating time of these buses depends on the scheduled flights to and from Phu Quoc airport of Jetstar.
- The starting point of the bus is in the parking area of the airport, and ending the journey is at Nguyen Trung Truc Street.
- The fixed fare is 40,000 VND/ticket/passenger.
More information about buses to Vinpearl land and Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc from city center
Buses transporting Vinpearl land and Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc are the most popular bus routes, currently owned by Vinpearl land and Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc.
- Bus schedules for Vinpearl Land and Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc often have specific changes depending on the number of visitors.
- These buses are not fitted for business travel in Phu Quoc Island.
- During the high tourist seasons (Sumer holidays from June to August and National holidays of Vietnam), the buses can increase their activities, but hey will decrease in the low tourist season (Vietnamese tourist seasons).
When you buy a bus ticket from Dong Duong Town to Vinpearl Land Phu Quoc entertainment area or Phu Quoc Vinpearl Safari, there is usually a discounted price. The popular destinations of this bus are from Muong Thanh and Novotel Phu Quoc with fixed hours in the day, including 8:45am, 9:15am, 9:45pm and 13:15pm.
Buses are equipped with new and modern facilities that will bring you the most comfortable journey. We would like to provide some of the schedules the popular routes as below for your reference:
- Route 1: Eden Phu Quoc hotel to Vinpearlland (about 40 minutes): at the earliest departure time at 8:00 am and latest at 14:30. The average frequency is about 30 minutes to 40 minutes per trip.
- Route 2: Vinpearl land comes back to Duong Dong town. The operation of this bus with about 30 minutes per journey, with the earliest trip, takes place at 9:00 am and the latest trip at 21:10pm.
- Route 3: Muong Thanh Luxury Phu Quoc to Vinpearl Land, with the first trip is at 8.45am, and there remaining trips will starts at 9.15am, 9.45am and 13.
- Route 4: From Novotel Phu Quoc – Cua Can Bridge (the end station) with the first trip at 9:45 am. The starting journey of Line 3 and Line 4 is as follows: Starting from Eden Resort – Quoc Thang Lodge – Vietnam Island Tourist Area – through Tropical Tourism – Ven Spa – Tan Thien Thanh Dealer – Guest Huy Hoang Hotel – Truong Vu Dealer – Chen Sea resort and finish the journey at Cua Can Bridge.
With the share of transports moving from Phu Quoc International Airport to the center of Duong Dong Town and the buses to Vinpearl entertainment places, we hope that you are confident enough to travel to Phu Quoc Island. We wish you have happy holidays and share your experiences with us.