Tan Dinh Church is an old architecture in Ho Chi Minh City. It is also called the Pink Church because of the typical color covering all of the buildings, creating a typical feature. This place attracts international and domestic tourists to visit and takes thousands of beautiful pictures.
Tan Dinh church was built in 1870, this is one of the oldest churches in the city, besides the Norte Dame Church Saigon. Until 1929, the church expanded and added a 53m high tower and repainted the bell tower.
The Pink Church in Ho Chi Minh City
The Pink Church is officially called The Sacred Heart Church of Jesus, in Vietnamese: Nhà thờ Thánh Tâm Chúa Giêsu.
- Address: 289 Hai Ba Trung Street, Ward 8, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Opening hours for working: Monday closed; Tuesday to Saturday: 7:30 am-11:30 am and 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm; and Sunday: 6:30 am – 10:30 am and 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Tan Dinh Church mass time:
- Monday – Saturday: 5:00 am, 6:15 am, and 7:00 pm
- Sunday: 5:00 am, 6:15 am, 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 4:00 pm, 5:30 pm, 7:00 pm.
- From Monday to Saturday: 5:45 am and 5:00 pm.
- Sunday: 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm.
- Phone: 028 3829 0093
- Entrance fee: free of charge.
Two highlight features in Tan Dinh Church
The pink-colored church covering all of the construction looks lovely and cute, standing out right in the heart of Saigon. This color makes it different from surrounding buildings, attracting a lot of visitors.
The second thing is Tan Dinh parish now has more than 1,000 families, and the total number of parishioners is more than 6,500 people. The most valuable activity of the church is charity. Every day, this place organizes more than 200 free meals for lonely and elderly people. Besides, there is a charity clinic for the poor.
Exploring the Pink Church
The whole building is painted in pink color. The front of the church consists of a 53m high major tower and two auxiliary towers, and there are two rows of arched corridors, making the church look wider.
The roof is covered with fish-shaped tiles. On the wall near the edge, there are the floral leaves, angel statues, and the circular doorways.
Although it has undergone many renovations, until now, Tan Dinh Cathedral still retains the original architecture intact.
Seen from outside, Tan Dinh Church appears as a pink fairy castle prominent on the blue sky between the hustle land. Although it is on one of the busiest streets in Saigon, almost anyone passing by here will look at the unique beauty of this over-150-year-old structure.
This place has an ancient style emanating from the pointed roof design, the bell tower at the top, and the main gate with the old pattern lines.
When going into the inside of the cathedral, visitors will be overwhelmed by the ancient architecture with two rows of Gothic columns leading to the main altar.
Most of the altars in the sanctum are made from precious stones sent from Italy. If you pay close attention, visitors will recognize the left columns present the statues of the Holy Woman, the right columns are the statues of the Holy South.
Inside the towers, there are 5 bells weighing about 5.5 tons, creating a unique architectural picture carved very sophisticated. Explorers seem to stray into the dreamy Italian city, making us have exciting feelings that everyone wants to come here once.
The Pink Church is an architectural work having cultural and religious value. Also, it is a well-known destination of the locals who come to pray for good things and peace in life and listen to the lectures at the Cathedral.
What you can do when visiting Tan Dinh Church
Tan Dinh Church in Ho Chi Minh becomes more famous for visitors because of its elegant and romantic charm.
- The first activity here is to take pictures of the building to find all the beautiful architecture and pink-colored style. You can see a lot of couples to set up their wedding photos around the Pink Church.
- Join the mass to find peace in mind is also an exciting experience when visiting this place. But, this activity is usually for the people following the catholic religion.
- If you do not a member, you can enjoy a relaxing time by tasting a cup of coffee close to the church, looking at it from the other side of the road, and listening to the bells ring. Your soul will be refreshed.
A few little notes to get a better visit
The church opens to visit freely and take pictures outside. However, only entering the chapel is on the holidays when the church opens the cathedral door.
You can wait for a long time for a good photo on Sunday or at the mass time because of crowded with guests.
Do not go further to the back of the Pink Church because of its private area.
Your dress code should be elegant when visiting Tan Dinh Church.
Should not create unusual styles for taking pictures at the church.
The bells rang to mark the beginning of the celebration of the mass. Calm down your mind after busy activities by going to Tan Dinh Church in the bustling city of Ho Chi Minh. This Pink Church is a beautiful and dreamlike destination for your group when traveling to Saigon.