Le Thanh international border gate plays a very important role in connecting Gia Lai province in particular and the Central Highlands in general with neighboring Cambodia.
From this border gate, travelers can enter and continue to explore well-known places in Central Vietnam, such as Hoi An and Da Nang City.
Location of Le Thanh Gia Lai border gate
Located 75 km from Pleiku city (Gia Lai province, Vietnam) to the west, Le Thanh has been developed to become one of the economic zones connecting Central Highlands Vietnam with Cambodia’s North-west provinces.
- Address: QL 14C, La Nan Commune, Duc Co District, Gia Lai Province, Vietnam
- Area of border gate economic zone: has an area of 41,860 ha, including La Kla, La Pnon, La Nan, La Dom communes, and Chu Ty town in Duc Co district, Gia Lai province.
- Year of establishment: The Le Thanh border gate was opened in March 2007.
- Daily working hours: 7 am to 5:30 pm.
Distance from this border gate to neighboring points in Vietnam
From Le Thanh international border gate to nearby places in Central Vietnam, the distance is as follows:
- Le Thanh to Pleiku (Gia Lai province) has a distance of 75km; it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to drive.
- Le Thanh to Kon Tum City (Kon Tum province) is 115km. It takes about 2.5 to 3 hours to drive.
- Le Thanh to Hoi An (Quang Nam province) is 435km. It takes about 8.5 hours to 9.5 hours of driving.
- Le Thanh to Da Nang: 450km, total travel time by car is about 9-11 hours.
- Le Thanh to Quang Ngai City (Quang Ngai province) is 312km. It takes 7 to 8 hours to travel by car.
Benefits of Le Thanh international border gate
+ Improve the economy and create favorable conditions for tourism between Central Vietnam and Cambodia.
+ The opening of Le Thanh international border gates (Gia Lai, Vietnam) and O Ya Dav (Ratanakiri province, Cambodia) contributes to shortening the distance and travel time between the two countries to destinations near the border gate area.
+ Agricultural products and daily goods from Vietnam are easier to enter Cambodia and vice versa, contributing to regulating the production and consumption of both markets.
+ Create a closer and better relationship between the people of the two neighboring countries.