After exploring Halong Bay in Quang Ninh, many guests ask about the train to move from Halong bay to Hue city for their next trip.
The short answer is that there are no directly trains from Halong bay to Hue city in Central Vietnam.
However, there are some ways for the guests who like train travel can catch the train to Hue. Please check suggestions as below:
How to travel to Hue by train from Halong Bay:
- Many trains start running from Hanoi to Hue city. Travelers can come back Hanoi from Halong Bay to catch the night train to travel.
- If your itinerary has Tam Coc – Bich Dong in Ninh Binh and Halong Bay, you can plan to visit Halong Bay first; then come to Tam Coc – Bich Dong or other destinations in Ninh Binh. You can then catch the train from Ninh Binh to Hue. Of course, from Halong to Ninh Binh, you have to need a transfer by car.
Note when traveling with the trains in Vietnam in general:
- Most of the trains from Hanoi or Ninh Binh to Hue are overnight trains. You can save your hotel room, but it’s noisy on the trains. Many guests cannot sleep because of noises, but you can get experience with train travel in Vietnam.
- When you book the train, you should know that the price is different depending on the types of seats or beds: hard seats, soft seats and sleeping beds in a 4-bed cabin or a 6-bed cabin. Vietnam Drive recommends you to book the sleeping beds with air conditioners.
How to book train tickets to travel to Hue:
- Train tickets are sold online and at the local travel agents. To book them online, you can visit https://dsvn.vn/ (website of Vietnam Railway), then choose English to continue reserving tickets.
- The easiest way to buy tickets is to ask the help of a local travel agent. You will pay a little extra fee to book tickets. You just tell them the date, number of your group and time you wish to travel. They will check available seats and the time of trains.
Now, you get tickets and travel to Hue city – the ancient capital of Vietnam.
You may like to check a private Hue city tour.