Cam Ranh Airport, also known as Nha Trang Airport, takes an important role in developing tourism in this region, which becomes the main first destination for domestic and international tourists when traveling to Nha Trang City, Vietnam.
Find the part that you want to check in the list here to jump directly to it! Thank you!
Cam Ranh Airport
Cam Ranh Airport is the closest one to Nha Trang City, so many people also call it Nha Trang Airport. Although called the international airport with a few flights to other countries, Cam Ranh Airfield still owns a small scale in comparison with Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi or Tan Son Nhat Airport in HCM City.
This general information about this air station:
- Name: Cam Ranh International Airport or Nha Trang Airport
- Location: Cam Nghia Ward, Cam Ranh City, Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
- Cam Ranh airport code: CXR following to IATA, and VVCR following to ICAO
- Distance: From Cam Ranh Airport to Nha Trang City is 38 km, and it takes 45 minutes on average to travel by car.
- Website: https://camranh.aero
- Phone number: +84 258 398 99 86
The route map to the airport from Nha Trang:
Transportation to travel from Cam Ranh Airport to Nha Trang City
When you fly to this airport, you may want to know the methods to move to the resorts in Nha Trang City.
Here are the two convenient ways to travel from here.
Travel by a taxi
Most of the airports in Vietnam have taxi services to serve you to travel to your resorts. In Cam Ranh air station, the taxi parking is near the normal car parking in front of the exit gate. However, it seems to avoid airport parking fees, so we saw many taxis waiting outside at the further airport gate.
Despite that, when you go out the exit gate, a few drivers will invite you to use taxi services.
Taxi in Cam Ranh includes:
- Mai Linh Taxi: 0258 38 38 38 38
- VinaSun Taxi: 0258 327 27 27
- Taxi Quoc Te: 0258 352 52 52.
- Sun Taxi: 0258 389 89 89.
- Taxi Asia (Yellow Taxi): 0258 35 35 35 35
Please note that not all time is sure that a person who can speak English to answer your phone with these numbers.
Pros when using a taxi:
- No need to book in advance.
- It’s good for a group of 4 guests or below.
Cons when moving with a taxi:
- Price is not fixed, depending on the distance to drive.
- It is not good for a group from 5 people because of the small cars.
- The smell in a few taxis can be not nice.
- If it is unluckily to meet a scam taxi, that can ruin your journey.
Travel with a private car
Service for picking up from airports becomes a very popular activity for many travel companies in Vietnam. And, Vietnamdrive also supplies airport transfers from Cam Ranh Airport to Nha Trang City.
Pros when using a private car
- Do not worry about the price when the vehicle runs because the rate is fixed in advance.
- The driver welcomes you with your name to be easy to recognize your driver.
- Support professionally from the tour operator who often works with international guests.
- Easy to travel with any size of your group when choosing a car, van, or bus.
Cons when booking a private car
- You need to book a transfer in advance to have a car or van.
- Payment or deposit is often requested in advance.
In general, each type of vehicle from Cam Ranh Airport has its own advantages and disadvantages. Depending on your need, you can choose one that suits your wish.
However, the price of a private car can be higher than a taxi as the normal look. If you want to have peace of mind, please choose private transportation!
If you want a quotation for transferring from Cam Ranh International Airport to your accommodation, please contact us at Whatsapp +84 934 889 667 or email email@example.com.
Please tell us your flight time, date, flight code, and your destination address, then we will count the rate for your group! Thank you!
Airlines to this airport
At the moment, there are 3 famous airlines in Vietnam operating domestic flights to and from Cam Ranh International Airport.
Domestic flights can find the following routes:
- Cam Ranh to Hanoi, and vice versa
- Cam Ranh to Hai Phong, and vice versa
- Cam Ranh to Vinh City, and vice versa
- Cam Rnah to Da Nang City, and vice versa
- Cam Ranh to Ho Chi Minh City, and vice versa
For the international routes from Cam Ranh, you can fly to and from these destinations:
- Cam Ranh to Korean, and vice versa
- Cam Ranh to China, and vice versa
- Cam Ranh to Russia, and vice versa
Facilities in this airport
There are two sections in this airport that you need to pay attention to, including International Terminal and Domestic Terminal. However, they are not far away from each other; in case, you come to the wrong terminal, you just need to walk a few minutes to the correct one.
Based on these terminals, you can find different services here.
At the domestic terminal, the service is poor, for example, food, drink, and banking.
You do not wish to find good food in this area. So, the best advice the Vietnamdrive team can give to you is to prepare the breakfast box when you come to this airport in the early morning from Nha Trang City or wait until transferring to the city center from the airport to find your food.
At the international terminal, the ground service comes better than the domestic terminal. You can find food for tasting at the second-floor shops, such as Burger King, Lucky Cafe, and Two Tigers. But for us, it is still not great.
For other services, banking for exchanging money is at the exit gate on the first floor while the shopping area and duty-free section are almost on the second floor.
In short, you do not have too high an expectation to use ground services in Cam Ranh airport in both domestic and international terminals.
Save your time to spend it in other better shopping centers in Nha Trang City, or local markets such as Dam Market.
Customs and immigration in Cam Ranh
Luckily, customs and immigration at Cam Ranh airport become easy because there are not many international flights coming. So, it seems quick and easy to do, which can become a plus mark in this airfield.