Lang Co Beach is one of the top beautiful destinations in Hue, Vietnam. The beach has a 10 km length along the National Highway 1A, 70km south of Hue City Center, and 30km north of Danang City. Lang Co beach has become the thirtieth member of the club of the most beautiful bays in the world.
The best time of a year to visit Lang Co Beach from April to September
From April to September is the dry season in Lang Co district. Thus, the weather is excellent for beach travel. The temperature may be hot; it sometimes comes up to 39 degrees Celsius. Swimming in the beach is a favorite activity for the villagers and tourists.
From October to February of the year is the monsoon. You may get heavy rains when you travel to Hue as well as Lang Co area. But, rains do not come all the time, so you can wish to have beautiful weather with no showers and no hotness.
In March and the beginning of April, the weather is considered an excellent time because its temperature may fall from 19 to 28 degrees Celsius, and it rarely gets rains. However, the water temperature is still cold for the local people, so you can see not many on the beach to swim.
And, it is because mountains close to the sea, Lang Co is covered in the mist in the morning. In the late afternoon, white storks fly over the beach to the Lap An lagoon for sleeping. This is a really picturesque place to enjoy its beauty.
The best way to visit Lang Co in combination with transfer from Hue to Hoi An or vice versa
Lang Co Beach is far away from Hue City City, 70 km long. And it takes 1.5 hours to drive there from the city. Thus, many guests often visit this site on the way traveling from Hue to Hoi An or Da Nang to Hue. This combination of the itinerary will save your time and money and avoid going up and down.
A good plan to travel to Lang Co Bay from Hue City is that: starting from your hotel in Hue City, you should take your luggage with you. The car will drive you through the countryside, lovely natural settings of mountains, lagoons, rice fields, and peaceful villages. You come to Lang Co area after driving around 1.5 hours when it’s time to rest. You may swim or just take beautiful pictures of the bay here. Then, going over Hai Van Pass to head to Da Nang City or Hoi An Ancient Town.
Many beautiful attractions near Lang Co Beach
When coming to Lang Co, you can visit plenty of beautiful Hue attractions which are really interesting to visit.
- Lap An lagoon is the top beauty in the Lang Co area. The lagoon has been created by the mountains and oceans; thus, the brackish water constructs the right conditions for oysters to grow up at that place. Besides taking pictures at this lagoon as the main activity, you can see the process of collecting oysters from the local people. And, do not miss tasting some dishes cooked by oysters with local beer Huda.
- Hai Van Pass situates next to Lang Co Bay. Driving up the pass can be an exciting experience for tourists when visiting this area. Stop on the top of Hai Van Pass, you can see beautiful views of Lang Co Bay, and attractive landscapes of Da Nang City. This site is great with dry and bright days, and remember carrying your camera full of battery to get your lovely photos.
- Canh Duong Beach, 10km from Lang Co, connects with Chan May Sea Port, creating an unknown destination. Its water level is shallow with soft waves, making a beautiful place for swimming. Unluckily, the services at this beach are not really good, so when you find some things for your hungry stomach or use a “happy house,” it is a challenge.
- Another place to visit you can combine when traveling to Lang Co is Elephant Springs, which is around 20 km from the Lang Co beach. The waterfall in the tropical forest still owns the wild nature and beautiful nature. You can swim at the streams during the dry days, or take a rest to revive the energy.
Many excellent restaurants near Lang Co Beach available to serve you
After visiting and swimming on the beach, you may feel hungry and want to taste the local food. Seafood is the right choice, such as oysters, crabs, fishes, clams, and shrimp. Top dishes are cooked with oysters.
Here are top restaurants near Lang Co Beach for your choice:
- Be Than Restaurant (on Lap An Lagoon, 1 km from the beach), +84 97 477 00 00, opening hours: 8:00 am – 8:00pm,
- Cafeteria The Lagoon (on Lap An Lagoon, 1 km from the beach): phone: +84 98 399 14 52, opening hours: 8:00 am – 8:00pm,
- Thanh Tam Restaurant (right on the beach), opening hours: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm,
- Mai Nga Restaurant ( on the Highway A1, 1 km from the beach): +84 93 522 66 07, opening hours: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Map of Lang Co and restaurants here:
Some beautiful hotel and resorts locating in and near Lang Co Beach
When you want to stay in or near Lang Co Beach, there are a lot of small hotels and a few resorts for you. Although many small hotels are here, not many of them have enough good conditions to serve foreign travelers. Thus, we list our few favorite accommodations as reference.
- Banyan Tree Lang Co Spa & Resort (10 km away)
- Lang Co Resort (right on the Lang Co Bay)
- Thanh Tam Seaside Resort (right on the beach)
Lang Co beach is a beautiful attraction. It is good to travel here during the hot summertime for swimming. But, its potentials to develop to serve foreign tourists are still hidden, and it is waiting for big investments of businessmen. At present, coming to this bay, you may have a look at its beauty, swimming, or taste local food. For other activities or luxury travel here, you may wait to come to Lang Co Bay in the future.