Transfer from Hoi An to Phong Nha by a private car takes 6 hours to drive. 295 km is the distance from Hoi An to Phong Nha (or Dong Hoi City), Quang Binh Province.
Almost the duration is to drive on the National Highway 1 of Vietnam. Anyways from Hoi An to Phong Nha in Quang Binh Province have to go through Da Nang City, Hue City, and Quang Tri Province – also through the old DMZ Vietnam.
The sites which you can visit along the way from Hoi An to Phong Nha:
There are many places along the way to visit. You can spend more than one day to visit all the sites along the way. Thus, we just recommend highlights which you can stop for this transfer to Phong Nha from Hoi An within a day.
- Hai Van pass is a great place to visit during the dry day. This is the border of Da Nang City and Thua Thien Hue Province.
- Lang Co Bay next to Hai Van Pass is good photo stop with beautiful beach and mountains around.
- The Imperial City including the Citadel and Forbidden City can be considered as the highlight in Hue. This has old palaces of Nguyen Kings’ dynasty 1802 to 1945.
- Hien Luong Bridge and the Ben Hai River was the DMZ during the Vietnam War. This place carries the vital history of Vietnam that makes many Vietnamese people like to come here at least once to feel the value of the peaceful time at present.
- Countryside views are also attractive along the way to stop for photos.
Please tell us the date to travel, your hotel in Hoi An and Dong Hoi, and the number of your group. Then we will give you a suitable price to get in the car to travel to Phong Nha where you can explore amazing caves and nature.
Please contact Vietnamdrive to get the correct inquiry for your group!
Price table for reference:
|Car rate for a day tour:|
|Type of Car||4 seats||7 seats||16 seats|
|Max of guests||3||4||6|
Price includes a modern car, professional driver, roll toll, gasoline, and parking fee.