Nha Trang City (Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam) is right on the beach. With the typical location, the highlights of tourist attractions in Nha Trang are islands. Besides, there are many other famous places for travelers to explore when coming to this beautiful city.
1. Hon Mun Island
Hon Mun Island has clear water and coral ecosystems. This area is rated by Fund World Wildlife (WWF) as the most marine biodiversity in Vietnam. When visiting Hon Mun Island, visitors can do some activities: enjoying a drink at the bar floating on the sea, exploring coral diving, and using the glass-bottom boat to exploring coral reef and sea fishes.
- How to move to Hon Mun Island: Take a boat from Cau Da, Nha Trang City. Tourists can choose an available tour to visit other islands including Hon Mun island.
- The suggested touring time: from 4 to 6 hours.
2. Hon Tam Island
Hon Tam Island with an area of about 110 hectares is located 7km from the southeast of Nha Trang city center. From Hon Tam Island, you can see the whole city from the north of Nha Trang to the Cam Ranh peninsula in the south. You can explore the coral reef here by glass-bottom boat or diving to discover sea life.
- Come to Hon Tam by boat, visit it only, or combine with visiting other beautiful islands of Nha Trang.
- Duration to visit: Around 3 hours.
3. Ninh Van Bay
Ninh Van Bay is located on the peninsula Hon Cat, 60km from Nha Trang city center. The bay has still wild sightseeing and pure fresh air. It is particularly suitable for the people who want to relax in the quiet coastal area. Additionally, tourists can also do snorkeling and scuba diving, surfing, windsurfing and kayaking.
- Coming to Ninh Van Bay with a speedboat ride takes about 20 minutes to arrive in South Ninh Van, and traveling with a car to North Ninh Van bay around 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 50 minutes depending on the area.
- Suggested duration: from 6 hours.
4. Dai Lanh Beach
Dai Lanh Beach is located in Van Ninh district, Khanh Hoa province, situated on the National Highway 1A, 80km from the north of Nha Trang City Center. Tourists can swim in the blue water here, or rent motorboats to visit the village of Khai Luong, Dam Mon, Vung Ro port, or to explore the fishing village of Dai Lanh.
- How to come to Dai Lanh beach: Car is a good choice,
- Suggested time to visit here: from 6 hours.
5. Van Phong Bay
Van Phong Bay belongs to Van Ninh district (Khanh Hoa), 40km from the north of Nha Trang Tourism City. It attracts visitors with the wild beauty of many small islands and blue colors of nature.
- How to come to Van Phong Bay: There are two directions to the bay: one is to use a boat by sea from Nha Phu Bay; another way by car from the city.
- Visiting duration: from 3 hours
6. Hon Chong – Hon Vo (Wife – Husband Rocks)
This place is situated around 3 km from the northeast of the city center. Hon Chong – Husband Rock is a large group of rocks with a variety of shapes, running from the shore into the sea. A group of smaller stones, located at the foot of this to the east, is considered as Hon Vo – Wife Rock. This site almost separated from the bustling life. It is also one of the most beautiful views of the city.
- Come to Hon Chong – Hon Vo: Motorcycles, car or taxi,
- Duration for visiting and swimming: from 2 hours
7. Institute of Oceanography in Nha Trang
Oceanographic Institute is located at No. 1, the Stone Bridge, 6km from the southeast of Nha Trang city center. The institute was established in 1923 with over 20,000 specimens of 4,000 types of marine and freshwater organisms which were collected and preserved for many years. In particular, there is a giant whale skeleton with near the 26m long, 3m high and 48 vertebrae.
- Come to the institute: car, taxi or motorbike,
- Visiting duration: from 2 to 4 hours.
>> See more the Stone Church Nha Trang.
8. Ponagar Temple
Ponagar Temple is the ancient architectural perfection of the Cham. It is at the center of Nha Trang City 2km north. The relics include four ordinary towers, two main temples. The largest temple is used to worship Po Nagar Goddess.
After visiting the Po Nagar Temple, you can come to the mud bath at the resort close to the temple area.
- We can visit Po Nagar towers by car, taxi or motorcycles.
- Visiting duration is around 2 hours for the temple area.
9. Vinpearl Land
Located on Hon Tre Island with crystal clear water all year round, Vinpearl Land is known as a “tropical paradise”. In addition to the luxury hotel and beautiful gardens, this place also attracts visitors to the area thrilling game and the spectacular 4D cinema.
- How to come to Vinperland: By cable car or canoe from downtown Nha Trang.
- The suggested duration for sightseeing, swimming and rest at least half of a day.
10. Cho Dam Nha Trang (Dam Market)
This is also a popular destination in Nha Trang with a beautiful structure, located in the center of Nha Trang. Dam Market sells a lot of souvenirs and local products. Many kinds of seafood are found here with fresh and dry products.
- Come to visit the Dam market by walking or taxi.
- Duration for visiting and shopping: from 1 – 2 hours.
>>> You may want to see the transfer from Nha Trang to Da Lat.
In conclusion, Nha Trang City has listed in the famous destinations in Vietnam for visiting and relaxing because of historical and beautiful natural places. Tens of luxury hotels and resorts in this city have been built to serve the domestic guests and foreigners.
When staying in this beach city, tourists have a good chance to revive energy and clear the stressful mind, which helps them come back the normal life effectively. Besides, it is because of the beach city, many Vietnamese fishes, crabs, shrimps from the local ocean are good local seafood for tasting to enrich the dining experiences in Vietnam.