The roads to Halong Bay from Hanoi, Vietnam are currently completed with good conditions. The construction of the roads has often upgraded well, which helps improve the movement from Hanoi to Halong Bay easily. The system of urban roads is invested in expanding every year.
Vietnam Drive will give you the advice to know the main traffic routes to travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay as below:
1. Hanoi – Bac Ninh – Ha Long: 150 km
This route from Hanoi to Halong is the shortest travel by car average 3 hours 30 minutes. The detail of this journey is as follows:
You start from central of Hanoi or train station:
- Hanoi Centre (or Hanoi Train Station) – Tran Hung Dao Street – Tran Quang Khai Street – Chuong Duong Bridge: 10km
- Chuong Duong Bridge – Nguyen Van Cu Street – Ha Huy Tap Street – Tran Phu Street – Rotation Down 6 Bac Ninh: 25 km
- Bac Ninh – Highway 18 through Chi Linh & Uong Bi – Halong Bay: 115km
2. Ha Noi – Hai Duong – Ha Long: 170km
This is a convenient overland route. From Hanoi via Hai Duong to Nam Sach town, and turn along Highway 183 through the town of Sao Do (Red Star), Dong Trieu and Uong Bi. From Uong Bi, tourists can easily travel to Halong.
This route takes from 3 to 4 hours to drive.
Map from Hanoi to Halong Bay – photo google map
3. Ha Noi – Hai Duong – Hai Phong – Ha Long: 160km
This route is the popular ways to Halong Bay from Hanoi. The travelers will travel through Hai Duong City to Quan Toan (Hai Phong City), and turn along Highway 10 to go on Highway 18A in connection with Uong Bi town to Halong.
This route takes tourists from 3 hours to 3 hours 30 minutes to drive.
4. Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi) – Bac Ninh – Ha Long: 160km
The road from Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi) to Halong Bay is very convenient. Travel time by car takes between 2 hours and 30 minutes to 3 hours.
The journey can be as follows:
Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi) along the Noi Bai – Bac Ninh (32km). When coming to Bac Ninh, tourists can go on Highway 18A connecting with Pha Lai, Sao Do, Dong Trieu and Uong Bi; then, come to Halong Bay.