Sapa, Lao Cai is a famous tourist destination in Vietnam. This place contains many wonders of nature, and the cultural beauty of ethnic groups of Lao Cai. This destination attracts more and more domestic and foreign visitors to visit.
“Coming to Sapa, Lao Cai, I like to visit the rice fields and conquer Fansipan, which are the top 2 highlights of Sapa holidays.” Thom – the manager of Vietnamdrive.
(1) Explore the rice fields:
In Sapa, Lao Cai, at the harvest season in October of the year, visitors are fascinated by the nine yellow color of the paddies leaning against the majestic cliffs. In the distance, terraced fields like the giant picture with the curves of the delicate hands created by talented people.
In this season, the whole village warms up with the golden color of rice, becoming the symbol of Sapa, which has won many prices of tourist pictures of the years.
Sapa Lao Cai Vietnam –@bobygaillard
The rice fields and Sapa listed by famous magazines:
- In 2013, the terraced fields of Sapa were voted as one of the seven beautiful terraced fields in Asia as well as the world by Travel and Leisure Magazine (US).
- In 2014, the famous website Mother Nature has honored the beauty of terraced fields Sapa, Lao Cai, this is one of the 30 most beautiful destinations in the world.
- Once again, Sapa terraces prove their charm when the photo of terraced fields In Sapa listed in the top 10 most beautiful tourist photos in the world by readers of National Geographic Magazine.
- Condé Nast Traveler (France) also listed Sapa as one of the top 50 most beautiful and attractive destinations in Asia.
Check how to travel from Hanoi to Sapa
(2) Conquer the Indochine Summit from Sapa:
Traveling to Sapa, tourists have chances to discover and conquer the Mount Fansipan – the Indochine Peaks. Fansipan, 3,143 m high, located in the center of Hoang Lien Son Range.
Although only 9 km to the southwest of Sapa town, if walking and climbing on the mountains, the fastest duration also takes two days and one night to reach the top Fansipan.
Since there are cable cars, tourists can conquer Fansipan peak for a day. In the morning, tourist can begin trekking to the top, and then go back by cable car.
In the evening, visitors continue to watch the dreaming Sapa town, enjoy the delicious local food of Sapa, immersed in the traditional customs of ethnic minorities.